How can I transform several rows into 1 column in excel?

  1. #1
    Melanie
    Guest

    How can I transform several rows into 1 column in excel?

    I am using excel 2003 and I have 500 columns which all need to be put into 1
    column. Is there another way besides copy and paste. I've already tried
    transpose.

  2. #2
    Sheila D
    Guest

    RE: How can I transform several rows into 1 column in excel?

    You could try =A1&b1&c1 ect - this will concatenate all named cells into 1
    text string. 500 columns into 1 sounds a weird thing to do but I guess you
    have your reasons!! If you want spaces between each entry use &" " HTH

    Sheila

  3. #3
    Melanie
    Guest

    RE: How can I transform several rows into 1 column in excel?

    Thanks, I think I worded my question wrong.
    What I'm trying to do is change the orientation, so that my column headings
    become rows. Any ideas?

  4. #4
    Alan Beban

    Melanie wrote:
    > I am using excel 2003 and I have 500 columns . . . .

    Really? In Excel?

    Alan Beban

  5. #5
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: How can I transform several rows into 1 column in excel?

    Try Edit|Copy for the data, then for the destination, Edit|Paste
    Special...
    Click the Transpose checkbox.

    HTH
    Kostis Vezerides

  6. #6
    if you have 500 rows and you want to transpose that to columns it will not work as excel only has 256 columns.