Code to save info to another column?

  1. #1

    Code to save info to another column?

    I've got a sheet, in which column "D" is just numbers, fed real-time by mulitple other sheets in the same workbook.

    Is there a way so that at say 5am every day, it saves what is in column D to column E. Then the next day, it saves it to F, then G, and so on?

    What it is, is an inventory checkout sheet for our bar at work. Each page is a different type of booze (whiskey, rum, vodka, etc) and they have a touchscreen on the register comp. So I built a bunch of sheets with buttons to keep track of all the bottles they get out of the storage room.

    I plan on leaving this sheet open on the comp 24/7 if possible, and keep track of the bottles that are taken from storage. But at the same time, I'd need it to clear all the tally boxes for all the entries (about 100 boxes split up over 6 sheets)

    is this possible? if need be, I can post the sheets, I think.. I'm new to the forums here.

  2. #2

    Re: Code to save info to another column?

    You could use a macro like this:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()

    Dim DestCell As Range
    With Worksheets("Sheet1")
    Set DestCell = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1)
    .Range("d:d").Copy _
    Destination:=DestCell
    .Range("D:d").ClearContents
    End With

    End Sub

    It actually uses the first open cell in row 1.

    To get it run automatically at 5:00 each day, you could look at the tips that
    Chip Pearson shares:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm