Need Formula to detect duplicate invoices

  1. #1
    XYZ via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Need Formula to detect duplicate invoices

    I need a help with formula to detect duplicate invoices (payments) listed in
    my column I2 through I8317. In a separate column (next to it) I want the
    computer to return information either by indicating "duplicate" or giving me
    number of counts for particular invoice. The formula I tried was:
    =COUNTIF(Invoice Number!$I$2:$I$8317,)I2

    but it doesn't work and shows value error.

    Tx.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Need Formula to detect duplicate invoices

    Take a look here:

    http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm