need help creating a formula

  1. #1
    Matt
    Guest

    need help creating a formula

    I am wanting to create a formula that will allow me to make deductions in my
    budget until a specific amount is reached then it will no longer make
    deductions for that field.

    ex: my mortgage payment is 1150. so when I enter in our paycheck amounts I
    want the cell to make deductions based on the percentage we have assigned
    until it meets the 1150. Once it reaches the 1150 it will no longer make this
    deduction and skip the cell going to the next one.

    If anyone can help I would appreciate it
    Matt

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: need help creating a formula

    Hi Matt

    This should be fairly easy to achieve, but we need more information on
    the layout of your table.
    You need to be keeping track somewhere of the cumulative payments made
    to compare with 1150.

    Regards

    Roger Govier