Lookup and Count Continued

  1. #1
    Jaco Jacobs
    Guest

    Lookup and Count Continued

    I had the below question and it was answered but when i try and use the same
    formula when looking at another column it does not count the values.

    I have another column K which contacts 2 values of which they are TRUE and
    FALSE. The actual wording is TRUE and FALSE but i would like the same as
    below. Lookup the name and then count all values of TRUE associated with the
    name.

    I am trying

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(N2:N200="Jaco Jacobs"),--(K2:K200="TRUE"))

    but this just gives me a value of 0 but i know there are definately more
    than 0

    "Jaco Jacobs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    What i want to do is lookup on sheet2 column N and if it is the same as
    sheet1 column A add it up at the same time as sheet2 column E has a specific
    wording.

    EG

    Sheet 2 will have many entries of Jaco Jacobs under column N
    Sheet 2 will also have many entries for Service Desk as well as others in
    column E
    Sheet 1 will need to count all values that are both Jaco Jacobs under N and
    Service Desk under E and return the value.

    Jaco Jacobs

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(N2:N200="Jaco Jacobs"),--(E2:E200="Service Desk"))

    Bob Phillips

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Lookup and Count Continued

    Maybe

  3. #3

    Re: Lookup and Count Continued

    When you put TRUE in quotes ("TRUE"), excel will look for the string TRUE.

    Maybe you have the boolean True in those cells: