Recording macros with relative row and column relationships

  1. #1
    drwpk
    Guest

    Recording macros with relative row and column relationships

    I am trying to copy information in Excel 2003 from one row to a new row on
    separate worksheets, using a macro. However, the macro records actual rows
    and columns (even though the "$" is not present), which I have verified by
    running the macro with a newly created row. (It still copies the previous
    row to the other worksheets and not the new row.) How do I record a macro
    with relative rows/columns, so that I can copy the data from each newly
    created row on the first worksheet to the remaining 14 worksheets in the
    workbook? (Please note that I am not copying all the data from a row to
    other worksheet rows, but rather just come of the columns from that original
    row.) Thanks.

  2. #2
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: Recording macros with relative row and column relationships

    When you start recording a macro, a toolbar will pop up consisting of 2
    controls. One is (obviously) the "Stop Recording" button. The second is a
    not-so-obvious "Relative Reference" toggle. When RelativeReference is "on",
    recorded code will contain Offset references rather than absolute addresses.

    HTH,
    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.