ignore blank cells

  1. #1
    Leticia
    Guest

    ignore blank cells

    Hello,

    Im using the formula MIN to select the minimun date of a columm, but in that
    colum there are several blank cells that must keep blank. Which formula could
    i use to ignore the blank cells ans selecct the minimun date?

    Thank u!!!!

    Leticia

  2. #2

    Re: ignore blank cells

    =min()

    it ignores text and empty cells.

    or maybe:

    =if(count(a1:a10)=0,"No Numbers",min(a1:a10))

  3. #3
    Andy
    Guest

    Re: ignore blank cells

    I used this formula and it works great

    {=min(if((a1:a10)>0,(a1:a10)))}

    Notice though it is an array formula

  4. #4

    Re: ignore blank cells

    Since the OP is working with dates, I bet all of the dates are positive <bg>.

    Seems like overkill to me.