number format

  1. #1

    number format

    Hi,

    I have a problem with the number format in excel. When a number is entered in cell A1 and in cell B1 =A1 is entered, the number format of cell A1 is taken over in cell B1. If afterwards the number format in cell A1 is changed, this new number format will not be taken over in cell B1. Is there a possibility to automatically take over the changed number format in cell B1 ?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: number format

    You could update the number formats from a VBA event macro like the
    SelectionChange event, so that it would update whenever the selection is
    changed, but there's no event that's fired when a format is changed, so
    you can't rely on the formats always being the same.

    Or you could run an OnTime macro that updated every few seconds, but
    that can significantly affect the performance of your worksheet.

    If you're interested in either, post back.

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey,

    I think your first solution (selectionChange) could help me. Could you post some more information about it?

    thx
    Ivan