Task Pane

  1. #1
    Saxon
    Guest

    Task Pane

    Can anyone help me to re-enable the task pane to show on starting exel (XP).
    I disabled earlier and now I can't seem to get it to remain.

    Any suggestions appreciated.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Hernandez, Roberto
    Guest

    Re: Task Pane

    Just click on Menu View --> Task panel
    When you see it, go bottom and enable Show at start...

    Regards,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Task Pane

    Tools|Options|View tab
    check Startup Task Pane

  4. #4
    Saxon
    Guest

    Re: Task Pane

    Roberto/Dave,

    I tried this and although it shows briefly while excel is loading, it then
    goes to a new work book in the full screen. What I am wanting is to open a
    new workbook with the task pane showing on the right hand side with out
    having to go to menu view - Task Pane. I am sure this is how it was working
    when I first installed XP.

    Thanks for your responses.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: Task Pane

    Jim Rech posted this...

    If you know how to use the registry editor (Start->Run "Regedit") add the
    Dword item "DoNotDismissFileNewTaskPane" under
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\General and assign
    it the value 1.

    ====
    11.0 is xl2003. You'd use 10.0 for xl2002.

  6. #6
    Saxon
    Guest

    Re: Task Pane