subtotals

  1. #1
    Jerry
    Guest

    subtotals

    Hi, I'm working with Excel 2003. When doing a subtotal, frequently I do not
    get the options to expand or contract the totals. These are the three boxes
    in the upper left hand part of the sheet. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I
    don't. Any ideas?

    thx/Jerry

  2. #2

    Re: subtotals

    I've never seen xl fail to put those outlining symbols in, but maybe you could
    try this:

    Tools|Options|View Tab|make sure "Outline Symbols" is checked.