Text replaced with #

  1. #1
    jay_babcock
    Guest

    Text replaced with #

    In some cells with a large amoutn of text, my text turns into #. The
    wrapping and width of column and height of row do not seem to make a
    difference... only removing text from the cell... does anyone know what the
    problem is

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Text replaced with #

    Jay

    One possible reason.

    When a cell is formatted as Text and character length is between 256 and 1024
    you can get the ###########

    Format to General and usually clears up.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Text replaced with #

    Try changing the format of the cell fromText to General.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  4. #4
    jay_babcock
    Guest

    RE: Text replaced with #

    That has no effect. It did work when I changed the number format to Number
    though even though it is all text... go figure!

  5. #5

    Re: Text replaced with #

    Try formatting the cell as General.