How do I remove duplicated information in 2 columns of Excel?

  1. #1
    GrahamR
    Guest

    How do I remove duplicated information in 2 columns of Excel?

    In Excel 2003 I have two columns, Names & Places, some names have duplicated
    places against them and I want to delete these rows completely to give me an
    index of which places I can find these names. As I have 300K names and many
    have the place duplicated 10 or 20 times, and some places have the names
    duplicated, I am eager to find an easy way remembering to keep the
    information in their pairs.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How do I remove duplicated information in 2 columns of Excel?

    Hi Graham,
    see Filter Unique Records
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

    you might want to also look at the following , but it is a filter you want
    Duplicate And Unique Items In Lists
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#Replacing

    ---
    HTH,