Accounting format now no longer display negative figures in ( )'s

  1. #1
    R. Earl R.
    Guest

    Accounting format now no longer display negative figures in ( )'s

    When selecting Accounting as the number format, negative figures used to
    appear in brackets. That is now no longer the case. Negative figures using
    the Accounting format now appear with a minus in front. I have never used
    any version of Excel other than Office XP.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Accounting format now no longer display negative figures in ( )'s

    Use custom format and

    _($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* "-"??_);_(@_)

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Accounting format now no longer display negative figures in ( )'s

    Maybe....

    Windows start button|settings|control panel|regional settings
    (Or regional and language settings in winXP)

    Regional Options tab, customize button in winxp

    Currency Tab
    change the negative currency format to show ()'s.