Macro

  1. #1
    Michael
    Guest

    Macro

    Excel 2002. I have created a macro that runs a complex autofilter (using
    create macro function), and assigned it to a command button. Filter selects
    rows with a date either 31/12/2004 or 31/03/2005 ( 168 out of 336 rows )

    Sub Period2()
    '
    ' Period2 Macro
    ' Macro recorded 17/10/2005 by NWCSQARC
    '
    ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+r
    '
    Sheets("Last_4_Separate").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="=31/12/2004", Operator:=xlOr, _
    Criteria2:="=31/03/2005"
    End Sub

    If I run the macro using the command button or the short cut key , the
    autofilter runs (field arrow turns blue), but it doesn't show any records -
    ie all I get is the header row and next available row 338.
    If I open the autofilter, select custom and click OK the rows appear -
    header row plus matching 168 rows (row number highlighted blue)

    I would like the command button/shortcut key to do the same.

  2. #2
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Macro

    Try to convert date to date literal format using Dateserial function. It
    worked for me in a similar case.
    Regards,
    Stefi

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Macro

    Stefi,
    Thanks, worked first time

  4. #4
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Macro

    Glad to hear that! Thanks for the reply!
    Stefi