Open Excel files in separate sessions, not just separate windows?

  1. #1
    Bob at Dexia Design
    Guest

    Open Excel files in separate sessions, not just separate windows?

    How do I open several Excel files, each in a separate session, not just in
    separate windows within the same session? For instance, when I open Word
    files, each one opens with its own separate menus, window frame, etc.

  2. #2
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Open Excel files in separate sessions, not just separate windows?

    Tools>Options>General> Ignore other applications

    with this selected if you open a file from Excel it will be in the same
    "instance" of Excel ,however, if you open a file by doubleclicking in the
    file folder a new "instance" of Excel will open.