True or False if already in column

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    True or False if already in column

    I have a list of unique phone numbers in column B. I want to enter a
    phone number in cell C2 with an if statement in cell D2 that states
    "Already in List" or "Not in List"
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Tim

  2. #2
    Jezebel
    Guest

    Re: True or False if already in column

    Lookup()

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: True or False if already in column

    =if(isnumber(match(c2,b:b,0)),"already in list","not in list")

  4. #4
    Tim

    Dave Peterson wrote:
    > =if(isnumber(match(c2,b:b,0)),"already in list","not in list")
    >

    > Tim wrote:
    > >
    > > I have a list of unique phone numbers in column B. I want to enter a
    > > phone number in cell C2 with an if statement in cell D2 that states
    > > "Already in List" or "Not in List"
    > > Any suggestions?
    > > Thanks
    > > Tim

    > --
    >
    > Dave Peterson

    Thanks Dave!

  5. #5
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On 18 Oct 2005 16:26:23 -0700, "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a list of unique phone numbers in column B. I want to enter a
    >phone number in cell C2 with an if statement in cell D2 that states
    >"Already in List" or "Not in List"
    >Any suggestions?
    >Thanks
    >Tim

    Something like:

    =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,C2)>0,"Already in List","Not in List")

    --ron