add:Pivot Table Calculations

  1. #1
    PB
    Guest

    add:Pivot Table Calculations

    I am trying to run a pivot table report from an access database and I cannot
    get the pivot table to sum. It will show a count, but not a sum. When I
    choose the sum function, I get zero. I have used pt but this is the first
    time that I have had a problem and I am wondering if it has something to do
    with the way the database was set up in access.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    re: add:Pivot Table Calculations

    PB

    Most likely the numbers are brought in as Text.

    Ont the sheet in which they reside, format an empty cell as General.

    Copy that cell and select the data.

    Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc.

    Data should now be real numbers.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    re: add:Pivot Table Calculations

    It sounds like the data coming from Access *looks* like numbers, but is
    actually TEXT.

    Try amending your query to convert it to numeric.

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron