Cannot edit macro

  1. #1
    Silvabod
    Guest

    Cannot edit macro

    Having received a reply (and responded with thanks) - now I can't get into
    "Edit Macro" to use it.
    ..
    Opened the worksheet, to be presented with the "macros disabled - security"
    message. Have reduced security down to "lowest" but STILL can't get the
    "edit" function in macros (it's greyed out).
    What's happened? How do I correct thist?

    I have XP Home, Office2003. I am sole user/administrator, do not "log in",
    no password, no network, standalone desktop.

    Another oddity, possibly relevant - sending an e_mail, just before opening
    Excel2003 - OE6 required it
    to be digitally signed (and I hadn't set it that way - found the"tools" item
    ticked, unticked it, message sent OK).
    Excel was not open at the time. Don't think it's relevant, but, one never
    knows with Microsoft!

    Have AV, Spybot - MSAntispyware - never had a virus on this pc, and none now
    (just ran full checks).
    It's a 1 month old pc.

    What's the /problemsolution, please?

  2. #2

    Re: Cannot edit macro

    Maybe it's as simple as...

    If you opened the workbook, then changed the security level, you'll have to
    close that workbook and reopen it.

    This security setting isn't retro-active to already open workbooks.

  3. #3
    Silvabod
    Guest

    Re: Cannot edit macro

    Dave, yes, it was that simple. That's a tip to remember!
    Thanks
    Silvabod
    news:[email protected]...