Page Break Preview

  1. #1

    Page Break Preview

    Is it possible to view a page in page break preview without the large Page # in grey interferring with the view?

  2. #2
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: Page Break Preview

    henry wrote:
    > Is it possible to view a page in page break preview without the large
    > Page # in grey interferring with the view?

    I don't think so. "Page Break Preview" implies that you want to know
    which page is where in your worksheet. An ordinary print preview gets
    rid of the gray background, but of course you only see one page at a
    time. But in normal view your worksheet shows the page breaks as dotted
    lines.

    Bill

  3. #3
    What I was really wanting to do was save an excel document in a view that just had 1 page visible on the screen, like the printed page rather than like a spreadsheet just for asthetics really and i thought the page break preview might be teh easiest way to do it, but then had the problem of the large grey watermark saying what page number it is. Basically I've set up a birthday list that is easiest to manage in excel than in word.

  4. #4
    ScottO
    Guest

    Re: Page Break Preview

    You might be able to create the visual effect you want by turning off
    gridlines & Column/Row headings.
    Rgds,
    ScottO

    "henry" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: Page Break Preview

    henry wrote:
    > What I was really wanting to do was save an excel document in a view
    > that just had 1 page visible on the screen, like the printed page
    > rather than like a spreadsheet just for asthetics really and i thought
    > the page break preview might be teh easiest way to do it, but then had
    > the problem of the large grey watermark saying what page number it is.
    > Basically I've set up a birthday list that is easiest to manage in
    > excel than in word.

    Now that you explained what you wanted to do, how about copying (or
    linking) the cells of interest in your spreadsheet to a table in a Word
    document?

    Bill

  6. #6
    Thankyou for those ideas