VBA Book

  1. #1
    Ken G.
    Guest

    VBA Book

    I'd like to learn a bit more (a lot more) about VBA for Excel. I've heard
    that "VB & VBA in a Nutshell" by Paul Lomax is good, but there are so many
    books on the subject, can anyone recommend a good entry level book.

  2. #2
    Dave Patrick
    Guest

    Re: VBA Book

    This link may help.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...mmersguide.asp

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

  3. #3
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: VBA Book

    Power Programming by John Walkenbach is a good resource.

  4. #4

    Re: VBA Book

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > This link may help.
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...mmersguide.asp

    Interesting pointer. But paging through HTML can be tedious.

    Is there a pdf version or other printable format of the same
    reference?

  5. #5
    Dave Patrick
    Guest

    Re: VBA Book

    There is.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...83155&v=glance

  6. #6

    Re: VBA Book

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > Is there a pdf version or other printable format of the same
    > > reference?

    > There is.
    > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...83155&v=glance

    Actually, I asked for a print-able reference, not a print-ed
    reference. I would prefer not to pay money -- even $18 --
    for something that is available for free in another format.

  7. #7
    Dave Patrick
    Guest

    Re: VBA Book

    It would probably cost you more in ink cartridge and paper costs to print it
    on your own printer. (over 900 pages)

  8. #8

    Re: VBA Book

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > It would probably cost you more in ink cartridge and
    > paper costs to print it on your own printer. (over 900 pages)

    Good point! I am used to printing on someone else's dime ;-).

    But really, I am interested in a pdf file because it is
    easier (for me) to use. I can print parts of the document
    over time, and I can search it and flip around from section
    to section more easily.

    Anyway, this was not intended to turn into a discussion of
    my motivations. I just wondered if there is a pdf version
    around somewhere. I gather from your responses that your
    answer is "not that I know of".

  9. #9
    Dave Patrick
    Guest

    Re: VBA Book

    You might check with some of the sellers. When you buy it new it comes with
    a CD-Rom