autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

  1. #1
    TUNGANA KURMA RAJU
    Guest

    autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

    I have cell value in work sheet based on a function and it changes
    accordingly.Based on this cell value I want to populate a serial numbers in a
    column.suppose c1=15,Iwant to populate from d10:d100 serial number as
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 upto d24 only rest should appear as
    blank.Iwant this funtion as array that means d10:d100= formula.maximum cell
    value is around 90.Any idea to get this result.

  2. #2
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

    In D10 enter:
    =IF(ROWS($1:1)<=$C$1,ROWS($1:1),"")
    and copy down to D100

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  3. #3
    TUNGANA KURMA RAJU
    Guest

    Re: autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

    Many thanks for helping

  4. #4
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value

    You're welcome.