Automate without add-ins

  1. #1
    Rob Oldfield
    Guest

    Automate without add-ins

    I'm writing something in .Net that automates Excel. That's generally fine
    but I have an issue with a user who has an add-in installed such that
    whenever they go into Excel, it pops up a login screen. Is there a way of
    replacing...

    objExcel=New Excel.Application

    with

    objExcel=New Excel.ApplicationWithNoAddIns

    I know that I could probably do something like find the registry key that
    tells Excel about the addin, turn that off, run Excel, and then switch it
    back on - but that seems a bit kludgy. Is there a better way?

  2. #2

    Re: Automate without add-ins

    Are you positive?

    I don't speak .Net, but when I automate from MSWord or from a .VBS, all the
    addins and all the stuff in XLStart are not loaded.

    If I look at tools|addins, I see that they're checked. But if I check in the
    VBE for all the open projects, I only see the workbooks I created/opened.

  3. #3
    Rob Oldfield
    Guest

    Re: Automate without add-ins

    Hmm. Well I was. I was sure it went wrong last time I tried to run it but,
    having just tried it again, it works.

    Apologies for the dodgy question.

    <Wanders off feeling a bit confused>

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Automate without add-ins

    Whew, you put my faith back in all the posts I've seen <vbg>.

    Glad it worked, er, didn't work??? for you.