Disable Customize option next to a tool bar from VB

  1. #1
    ourspt
    Guest

    Disable Customize option next to a tool bar from VB

    Hi,

    We use excel for our reports and for security reasons, we do not want to
    give 'Open' option to our users.
    We are able to disable the 'Open' menu option programmatically from VB. We
    also want to eliminate the usage of 'Open' tool bar command. To do this, we
    need to hide the standard tool bar, by default, when the excel file opens.

    What is the way to do this from Visual Basic 6.0?
    Thanks in advance
    ourspt

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Disable Customize option next to a tool bar from VB

    Hi Ourspt

    To hide the toolbar, try:

    Application.CommandBars("Standard").Visible=False

    To hide and disable the toolbar, try:

    Application.CommandBars("Standard").Enabled=False

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...