Confusing output from cells

  1. #1

    Question Confusing output from cells

    I have made a spreadsheet that is gathering details from the user and then forming a string.

    However, in the 6th section of 8 it is causing problems.

    the formulas are all much the same. an example is shown below:-

    =if(b268="","",f88)

    Now, B268 is empty, so the "" criteria is met, but instead of being nothing, the spreadsheet is counting this as a space, so that when the text is pasted into another program, extra spaces are added! However, the Len of the above cell is 0, meaning it has no value whatsoever.

    Does anyone know anything about this?

    Thanks.

    Shackdelta

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: Confusing output from cells

    Your problem is not with Excel. It is the other program's problem.

  3. #3
    Thanks for that. I had already thought of that problem. It's not the other program that's doing it.

    If I copy the section that is the problem (section 6) and paste it into Word, it comes up with a whole load of blank cells. However, for each of these blank cells that are shown, a space is added to the other program.

    I would have thought that was the problem, but for the fact that in similar formulae that are in use in the spreadsheet, when a blank cell is shown no spaces are added.

    Thanks again,

    Shackdelta