Formula and Data Entry in a Single Cell

  1. #1
    Josh VM
    Guest

    Formula and Data Entry in a Single Cell

    I have a drop down box that allows a user to chose from two options that
    govern certain formulas in my spreadsheet. If the first option is chosen, I
    want the result of a specific cell to be determined through a formula in that
    cell (simple enough), and if the second option is chosen, I want to be able
    to enter data into that same cell without deleting or changing the formula
    that is used if the first option is chosen. Is it possible to effectively
    "send back" or hide a formula in a cell without deleting or altering it to
    allow for data entry in the same cell depending on which option in my drop
    down box is selected? If so, please advise on how to accomplish this. Thank
    you.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Formula and Data Entry in a Single Cell

    You cannot have a formula in a cell and at the same time type something in
    that cell. If you need something like that you need programming

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...