UTC time to Central Time (US)

  1. #1
    C C
    Guest

    UTC time to Central Time (US)

    Hello.

    I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
    The date is in one column and the time is in another below.

    A | B
    ----------------------------------
    Date | Time
    ----------------------------------
    2005-10-24 | 12:15:00

    I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
    to a single Date and Time column in US Central
    Time.

    Thanks for any advice

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: UTC time to Central Time (US)

    Assuming UTC is the same as GMT then the difference is 6 hours STD,

    so if the time is 06:00 AM it is 12:00 PM GMT, thus add 6 hours and since
    the y are all numbers just add

    =A1+B1+(6/24)

    format as m/d/yy h:mm or m/d/yy h:mm AM/PM

    where A1 holds the date and B1 the time

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    C C
    Guest

    Re: UTC time to Central Time (US)

    Thanks so much. That did it.

    But it should be =A1+B1-(5/24) for US Central
    Time during summer time.
    Please note the minus instead of plus.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: UTC time to Central Time (US)

    You didn't mention anything about daylight savings