SUM & MROUND Formulas

  1. #1
    dewey
    Guest

    SUM & MROUND Formulas

    Hi,
    I am working on a timesheet where I have converted hours and minutes into
    decimals. I then have totaled the decimals to get the total number of hours
    worked. I want to round the total to the nearest 1/4 of an hour. (I.e. if
    someone works 12 hours and 39 minutes (12.65 hours), they should be credited
    for 12.75 hours, but if they work 12 hours and 34 minutes (12.57 hours), they
    only get credit for 12.5 hours worked.) Is it possible to simultaneously sum
    and round? Is it possible to simultaneously sum and MROUND to the nearest
    multiple of .25? Any help is appreciated, and I realize this is like asking
    someone else to do my homework for me, but I am at my wits end with that
    little #NAME result I keep getting. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: SUM & MROUND Formulas

    Do you mean like

    =ROUND(SUM(A1:A10)*4,0)/4

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: SUM & MROUND Formulas

    Hi

    =ROUND(Value*4,0)/4

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

  4. #4
    dewey
    Guest

    Re: SUM & MROUND Formulas