Offset, Dynamic range, Countif

  1. #1
    Bryce
    Guest

    Offset, Dynamic range, Countif

    I need to count the # specific items within a list of data (in Column K).
    Column K data is limited to four "Status" responses ("Confirmed" "Good" "Bad"
    "Non-Responsive"). The corresponding dates (in Column J) tells me the date
    these items were entered into system.

    I would like to have a formula which looks at the date within cell A3 (a
    variable input cell allowing me to search using a

    specific date) and looks only within the date range under column J and
    counts the # of "Non-Responsive" cells under column K (still abiding by that
    date cell range).

    I have tried many diff ways but am having trouble utilizing the offset
    function (I've never used it). Please help me out guys.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Offset, Dynamic range, Countif

    Hi Bryce

    One way
    =SUMPRODUCT(--($J$2:$J$1000=$A$3),--($K$2:$K$1000="Non-Responsive"))
    or, if you put the status in another cell (A4?) then you could get each of
    the results without changing the formula, just by changing A4
    =SUMPRODUCT(--($J$2:$J$1000=$A$3),--($K$2:$K$1000=A4))

    Change ranges to suit, but do ensure that they are of equal length.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Gary76
    Guest

    RE: Offset, Dynamic range, Countif

    Something along the lines of:

    =SUMPRODUCT(($J$2:$J$31=$A$3)*($K$2:$K$31="Non-Responsive"))

    You could put Non-Responsive into A4 and this would then read:

    =SUMPRODUCT(($J$2:$J$31=$A$3)*($K$2:$K$31=$A$4))

    HTH

  4. #4
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Offset, Dynamic range, Countif

    Hi

    =SUMPRODUCT(--($K$2:$K$1000="Non-Responsive"),--($J$2:$J$1000=$A$3))

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...