IF formula

  1. #1
    lance559
    Guest

    IF formula

    I am trying to create a formula. I believe it may be an IF formula. If
    summed numbers in a row are negative, I would like those numbers to be
    auotmatically summed as 0.

    For exmaple, if I have a row of ten numbers and three of the summed numbers
    are negative, what formula could I use so the positive numbers remain, but
    the negative numbers will be 0? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: IF formula

    Have a look in help index for SUMIF

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: IF formula

    =SUMIF(A2:A12,">0")
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

  4. #4
    lance559
    Guest

    Re: IF formula

    I am not doing something right.

    For example,

    H70 (50) (this is sum from another cell)
    H71 100

    H72 50 (sum of H70 & H71)

    How do I make row 70 a 0 so the sum will automatically calculate in row H72
    as 100.

  5. #5
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: IF formula

    Works fine for me, Lance: =SUMIF(H70:H71,">0")
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

  6. #6
    lance559
    Guest

    Re: IF formula

    You are fabulous! Thanks so much.

  7. #7
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: IF formula

    Oh, cool! I thought it wasn't going to work again, and we were gonna have to
    figure out why!
    Glad to hear it.
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com