'sticky' cell selection

  1. #1
    yippeekiay
    Guest

    'sticky' cell selection

    When I select a cell it cannot be deselected and if i move my mouse it
    selects all cells from the original. I cannot select a singular cell anywhere
    else on the worksheet or select any other commands. Thus the name sticky. How
    do I unstick my selection to carry on using the worksheet.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: 'sticky' cell selection

    yippeekiay, sounds like you are in Extended Mode, EXT on in the right hand
    corner or the status bay, press the F8 key to get out of it
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: 'sticky' cell selection

    If by move you mean not clicking on a cell and you see what
    you described then see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

    Status Bar for a bit more familiarity of what is shown there
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/statusbar.htm
    ---
    HTH,