hidden rows in Excel

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    hidden rows in Excel

    I have a multi sheet Excel file and on one of the sheets, I cannot view the
    top two rows. I have tried every way I know and in help to unhide these rows
    but to no avail. I am able to access them. One thing I am unable to do is to
    try to change their height as I don't get the cursor sign to do this when
    approching the select all cells button. maybe this has something to do with
    it. The sheet has been protected but is currently unprotected.

    Can anybody help please ?

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: hidden rows in Excel

    Hi David-

    Have you tried this one:

    Click the cell reference in the Name Box (left end of the formula bar), to
    select the content appearing there, then type in A1:A2 to replace it, then
    press Enter. Immediately go to Format>Row>Unhide.

    HTH |:>)

  3. #3
    David
    Guest

    RE: hidden rows in Excel

    Hi Cyber Taz, thanks but I've already tried that and it doesn't work. Thanks
    for your input though.

  4. #4
    Gary76
    Guest

    RE: hidden rows in Excel

    How about

    Window > Unfreeze Panes

    HTH

  5. #5
    David
    Guest

    RE: hidden rows in Excel

    What a man Gary, that was it ! What an idiot I am for not noticing the lines.
    Thanks very much

    David

  6. #6
    Pastel Hughes
    Guest

    RE: hidden rows in Excel

    I think that the pane freezing that Gary mentioned is the likely culprit.
    If not, you could try highlighting the entire sheet by clicking in the small
    grey area above row 1 and to the left of column A, then Format Row Unhide.

  7. #7
    David
    Guest

    RE: hidden rows in Excel

    Thanks, problem is solved, the panes were frozen.