How can I wrap text in a text box in Excel?

  1. #1
    4407mark
    Guest

    How can I wrap text in a text box in Excel?

    I'm creating a form in Excel with fields to be completed by the user. In
    three sections, I need to insert a text box and have the entered text wrap to
    the next line within the designated box. I have tried merging the cells
    "under" the textbox and clicking on "wrap text" but it still does not want to
    wrap.

  2. #2
    Matthew S
    Guest

    RE: How can I wrap text in a text box in Excel?

    I'm not sure if I understand your question. I hope I'm not over simplifying.

    If you have a Text Box and you want the text within the box to wrap, select
    the box and make it narrower by dragging in one of the sides. Otherwise, if
    you don’t want to change the size of the Text Box, place the cursor in the
    text string where you want it to wrap (end the line) and hit enter.

  3. #3
    Colorado

    try this?

    Hi - I am a new user, but have just been playing with this as well. Don't worry about merging cells. Just select whatever cells you want and make sure Text Wrap is selected. Also make sure your cells are big enough to display the information. I have not discovered a convenient way to jump down a space within the same cell so you could enter, say, all address inormation in one cell (return or tab exits the cell). This can be accomplished by entering that information in empty cells elsewhere and cutting and pasting them - not into the cell itself, but into the entry bar on the toolbar. I hope this helps. - Tom

  4. #4
    Tonto
    Guest

    Re: How can I wrap text in a text box in Excel?

    What about right mouse - format text - alignment - wrap text?

    HTH

    Tonto