Copying HTML into Excel Losing Hyperlinks

  1. #1
    Davud Levitt
    Guest

    Copying HTML into Excel Losing Hyperlinks

    Hi All,

    If I copy a html table from a website such as
    http://screen.yahoo.com/b?mc=/100000...ocks&vw=1&b=21
    and then past the contents into Excel using the Paste Special HTML pasting
    command the last column in my spreadsheet no longer contains the hyperlinks
    that were contained within the copied website. I should note that I do not
    have this problem when pasting the same website content into Microsoft Word.
    Does anyone know this is happening in Excel and is there an easy work around
    for this problem.

    Thanks,

    David Levitt

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Copying HTML into Excel Losing Hyperlinks

    Hi David,
    You have like 7 or more links in each cell in the last column, Excel
    can only include one link per cell. Often I think you would
    get the first link and underscored blue for the entire cell
    regardless of content. In this case I get the wording
    but no link. Isn't that what you really get. That's the
    way Excel works -- I'm sure what you are trying to do
    would work in MS Word, but they are not the same.

    Actually I just did a normal paste, but the Edit, PasteSpecial HTML
    worked the same way.
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: Copying HTML into Excel Losing Hyperlinks

    Hi,
    Use a web query with full HTML Formatting.

    DATA > Import External query

    or try my WebTableImport utility at
    http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

    - Mark