Dragging linked cells - A$2, B$2

  1. #1
    Adam
    Guest

    Dragging linked cells - A$2, B$2

    Hi All,

    I have a spreadsheet which is linked to another spreadsheet on the
    network.

    There is a lookup to cells a$2 then the next cell along looks at b$2
    and this goes on until AB$2.

    Is there anyway where you can fill these along further automatically?

    When I drag the little box further it doesn't change the first letter
    reference .i.e A2 should drag and change to B2.

    Does anyone know how to do this?

    Adam

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Dragging linked cells - A$2, B$2

    Hi Adam

    If your reference is truly A$2, then it should alter to B$2 etc. as you drag
    the formula along.
    Are you sure you don't have $A$2?
    Is the reference enclosed within double quotes " "?

    Regards

    Roger Govier