With regards to the dotted line, could it possible be Excel showing you a
page break.?
Check View >> Page Breaks Preview
If the blue page break lines corresponds with where you are seeing the
dottied line thats why, it not a problem during printing
Can you explain more about what you mean that a spererate windows appears
when you select the cell

--

Naz,