How do I turn cells to a 45-degree angle?

  1. #1
    WJason
    Guest

    How do I turn cells to a 45-degree angle?

    I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells) to a
    45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but I can't find
    it in Excel XP (2003?)

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: How do I turn cells to a 45-degree angle?

    Go to the Format menu, choose Cell and then the Alignment tab.
    There, adjust the Orientation control to suit your needs.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How do I turn cells to a 45-degree angle?

    Hi

    Having rotated your text to 45 degrees, give the cells a Border and that
    will be angled as well.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  4. #4
    alibild
    Guest

    Re: How do I turn cells to a 45-degree angle?

    I am having the same problem. I tried Format->Alignment, but all I get is a
    square cell with my text going diagonal. What I want is a diagonal text in a
    diagonal cell. I am having the same problem in Excel 2000 and 2003. Any
    other suggestions? Thanks.

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by alibild

    "Roger Govier" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Having rotated your text to 45 degrees, give the cells a Border and that
    > will be angled as well.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Roger Govier
    >

    > WJason wrote:
    > > I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells) to a
    > > 45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but I can't find
    > > it in Excel XP (2003?)

    WJason,

    You can't rotate the cells. You can only give the illusion they are rotated. Rogers solution works fine for me.
    Thx
    Dave
    "The game is afoot Watson"