cell border is dotted line

  1. #1
    Table4two
    Guest

    cell border is dotted line

    I have a created a large table using Excel. In one row, the right hand
    border is dotted (as if a command is in a cell) along with the regular solid
    line border. This is not a border that I have selected. Also.....it won't
    allow me to wrap the text and when I click on the cell a separate window
    opens showing the complete text in that cell. What has happened?

  2. #2
    Table4two
    Guest

    RE: cell border is dotted line

    I thought at first that it was a page break line...but it's not a dashed
    line...it's dotted and it's only in certain cells...cells that refuse to
    allow me to wrap text (or do autofit). And, it's not the border as the
    border is a solid line. So obviously the dots on just one side of the cell
    mean something, but I've never seen this before. When I click on that cell,
    a white window above it opens showing the full text (including that which
    won't autofit in the actual cell). Again, this is only happening in a few
    cells of the same column while the rest of the document is fine. I was
    thinking that some command was entered that corrupted these cells, but I
    can't tell what has happened.

    thanks for your help.