replacing text in all cells with existing text plus something

  1. #1
    avi2001
    Guest

    replacing text in all cells with existing text plus something

    Hi,
    I have a sheet with several rows and columns containing text. I would like
    to add similar text to all the cells after the existing text. Is there an
    easy way to do that?

    thanks

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: replacing text in all cells with existing text plus something

    avi2001, you could use a macro something like this,

    Sub AddText()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    For Each c In Range("A2:C25") 'change to your range
    c.Value = c & " your text here"
    Next
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: replacing text in all cells with existing text plus something

    try
    for each c in selection
    c.value=c &" blah blah blah"
    next

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    "avi2001" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    > I have a sheet with several rows and columns containing text. I would like
    > to add similar text to all the cells after the existing text. Is there an
    > easy way to do that?
    >
    > thanks

    this