Spreadsheet too long and too high for desktop

  1. #1

    Spreadsheet too long and too high for desktop

    Hi,

    I am working on an eMac OSX 10.3.9 with Excel X for Mac, service release 1. We regularly have the problem where a spreadsheet document opens but you cannot get to the top or bottom of it. I have tried changing the screen resolution in the hope that it is just beyond the current resolution but that has not solved the problem - is there anything else I can do? I am assuming this is a common bug/issue.

    Thank you for reading.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Spreadsheet too long and too high for desktop

    First, consider, if you haven't already, updating to Office v.X 10.1.6
    by downloading the updater at Mactopia:

    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx

    Note that Office v.X doesn't display the specific version number in the
    About dialog (something that was changed with Office 2004). You can find
    out which updates you've applied here:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/o...xversions.html

    For your problem, the most likely cause is the toolbars at the top have
    become undocked - it's very easy in XLv.X. Try moving them slightly and
    see if they snap to the dock (and the sheet drops underneath). If you
    want to make it impossible to undock the toolbar(s), see

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/e...ktoolbars.html

    Once the top of the window is visible, click the window resize button.

    If that's not the problem, choose the Window/Arrange menu item to reset
    the window sizes.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Selondoner <[email protected]>