Fill handle - new column using a column and one cell

  1. #1
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Fill handle - new column using a column and one cell

    Put =A1*C$1 in B1 and fill it down.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Fill handle - new column using a column and one cell

    =A1*$C$1

    Peo Sjoblom

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Fill handle - new column using a column and one cell

    Change your formula in B1 to:

    =A1*$C$1

    You'll then be able to copy it down without it automatically adjusting the
    C1 reference.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  5. #5
    Jim Rech

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom

  7. #7
    Elkar

  8. #8

    Re: Fill handle - new column using a column and one cell

    Another option is to give C1 a nice name.

    Select C1
    Insert|Name|Define

    Call it myMultiplier (or something that makes more sense for what it is)

    Then you could put:

    =a1*mymultiplier

    and drag down.

    You may find it easier to remember what the formula is supposed to do if you
    give that cell a nice memorable name.