Match name, value & identify errors

  1. #1
    Kikkoman
    Guest

    Match name, value & identify errors

    Thanks in advance,

    Data:
    ------data 1------ --------data 2------
    col A col B col C col D
    yum 180 yum 180
    yum 200 yum 630
    yum 430
    yum 832
    yum 330

    Objective: Match data 1 to data 2 and identify errors
    Roll 1 - no problems, both names and value matches
    Roll 2 & 3 matches of Data 1 matches to roll 2 of data 2 (or vice versa and
    it could hv 3 values in matches to 1 value)
    Roll 4 - Missing names & values in data 2,
    Roll 5 - Missing names & values in data 1, (need to insert into these data
    into data1 -highlighted)

    I have about 800 rolls of data, trying to match them up one by one is a
    freaking nightmare!!! HELP...

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Match name, value & identify errors

    One way, assuming data as posted is within A1:D5
    [Quick sample at: http://cjoint.com/?kDdYGSmxEL]

    Put in F1, array-enter the formula (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
    =IF(OR(C1="",D1=""),"",IF(ISNUMBER(
    MATCH(C1&"_"&D1,$A$1:$A$4&"_"&$B$1:$B$4,0)),"",ROW()))
    Copy F1 down to F5

    (Adapt the ranges to suit: $A$1:$A$4, $B$1:$B$4)

    Put in G1 (normal ENTER):
    =IF(ISERROR(SMALL($F:$F,ROW())),"",
    INDEX(C:C,MATCH(SMALL($F:$F,ROW()),$F:$F,0)))
    Copy G1 across to H1, fill down to H5

    Cols G & H will return the lines within cols C & D which do not match with
    those within cols A & B. All results will be bunched neatly at the top, with
    blank rows below. So we could then do a simple copy > paste special > values
    of these lines to append below the last line in cols A & B
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Match name, value & identify errors

    Quick sample link at:
    http://cjoint.com/?kDdYGSmxEL

    (prev link may not have worked, sorry)
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  4. #4
    Kikkoman
    Guest

    Re: Match name, value & identify errors

    thanks Max,

    A few problems:

    1, Currently in the xls, g1 = 630, and treated as an error. However, it
    should not be an error because cell b2+b3 = d2.
    2, a4 & b4 was not picked up as an error
    3, a6=yum; b6=100; c6 = yum; d6=200; No error is detected. The problem is
    then the 200 will not be detect because it assumes the 200 = to the 200 in
    cell b2.

    i just wondered whether there are too many variables??

    Thanks again.

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Match name, value & identify errors

    Your issue appears more complex than I had originally interp'd.
    I don't think I have any further ideas to offer you, sorry.
    Hang around awhile for possible insights from others
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  6. #6
    Kikkoman
    Guest

    RE: Match name, value & identify errors

    Max, thanks, maybe something are meant to be done manually....
    cheers.

  7. #7
    Kikkoman

  8. #8