Excel 2003 Will Not Save On Exit

  1. #1
    tmyhlfgr
    Guest

    Excel 2003 Will Not Save On Exit

    I have a user whose Excel 2003 does not prompt to save on Exit. I have
    completely uninstalled Office and reinstalled but it still does not prompt
    him to save. For instance if he goes into excel and starts a new spreadsheet,
    never saves it and closes Excel he looses all his work. I have made sure
    Office is fully patched and up to date. Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

  2. #2
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2003 Will Not Save On Exit

    Hi Tmyhlfgr,

    > I have a user whose Excel 2003 does not prompt to save on Exit. I have
    > completely uninstalled Office and reinstalled but it still does not prompt
    > him to save.

    Sounds like an addin is bothering your user.

    See:

    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

    Regards,

    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Excel MVP
    http://www.jkp-ads.com

  3. #3
    tmyhlfgr
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2003 Will Not Save On Exit

    We tried all the steps listed there and nothing resolved the issue.