Microsoft Business Planner - Cash Flow Template

  1. #1
    johnnywyoming
    Guest

    Microsoft Business Planner - Cash Flow Template

    Excel 2000, I want to use the cash flow template provided by Office small
    business edition. The template available is only for one year. There is
    another templete for two years but it is quarterly. I want to go back three
    years by month to fill in known data so I can determine how our cash flows in
    and out.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    I don't have the small business edition, so I checked out the 12 month cash flow template, which works with Excel versions starting with Excel 97 on the Microsoft website here.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...175121033.aspx

    This version is a single worksheet, which you can make multiple copies of in the same workbook, each one representing a single year. Then adding a new blank worksheet to the workbook you could create an overview of all four or five years worth of data. Here's how you do the first parts.

    To copy sheet:
    With the template workbook open.
    Go to the sheet tab at the bottom and right click the tab. From the shortcut menu that appears choose "Move or Copy" Next check the option "Create a Copy" and select (move to end). You now have an exact copy of the original sheet, with the same name, but with a (2) added. You can do this as many times as needed. Then you can rename each sheet something like 2002, 2003...........

    To Rename sheet
    Go to the sheet tab at the bottom and right click the tab. From the shortcut menu that appears choose "Rename". The tab itself will darken and be ready for you to type a new name.

    Once you get that far and you have entered your data post here with more specific questions.

    Hope this helps.
    Casey

  3. #3
    johnnywyoming
    Guest

    RE: Microsoft Business Planner - Cash Flow Template

    Thanks!, I'll give it a try.