Blackjack simulation in Excel

  1. #1
    G Love
    Guest

    Blackjack simulation in Excel

    Hi,

    I want to create a spreadsheet that simulates blackjack hands that
    mimics real probabilities that i can calculate myself, or if anyone
    already has this data this would be ideal.

    I need to be able to tell the spreadsheet what table rules are in
    effect, e.g. the number of decks in the shoe, double after split or
    not, dealer stands or hits on soft 17 and so on - obviously if you've
    already got knowledge or a working example of this you are a god to me!

    after inputting the different variables i want the sheet to generate
    hands and play them against the dealers upcard as determined by the
    relevant basic strategy table to those parameters specified (if you
    know the game you will be aware that different table rules give rise to
    subtle variations in strategy).

    the purpose of this is to generate 65536 hands per sheet (or multiples
    there of) and simulate player win/push/dealer win results so as to aid
    identification of the most efficient staking plan.

    there are programs out there that play for you but mine is a
    statistical problem i wish to investigate and understand myself.

    Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, and if you share a similar
    interest in this i would be glad to hear from you too.

    PGLove

  2. #2
    Bucky
    Guest

    Re: Blackjack simulation in Excel

    A blackjack simulation is pretty difficult. You'll have to write a
    pretty very complex program with the Excel macros.

  3. #3

    Re: Blackjack simulation in Excel

    You may want to see how Rob van Gelder did it.
    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~robree/excel/
    or directly:
    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~ro...blackjack.html

  4. #4
    G Love
    Guest

    Re: Blackjack simulation in Excel

    lol, i found the sim and then checked back here to find you directed me
    there too.

    i've had a change of heart, rather than do something that complex, all
    i need to do is plug in the relative probabilities for dealer win,
    player win, push, split and so on.

    if anyone knows the probabilities for these under different table rules
    it should be a straight forward random number generator.

    basically all i need is a sheet that can run thousands and thousands of
    scenarios and say what the outcome would be, i don't really need it to
    generate the hands at all, just an outcome based on the different
    probabilities.

    any ideas, or gimme a slap if that didn't make any sense...

  5. #5

    Re: Blackjack simulation in Excel

    I would think that there would be thousands of books in the library (Amazon???)
    about how to make millions at blackjack. You may even find something on the
    web. I'd try google.

  6. #6
    WA 98002 USA
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Blackjack simulation in Excel

    I can help you.

  7. #7
    Forum Guru HansDouwe's Avatar
    Nederland
    MS-Off Ver
    365 V2403 (Build 17330.20000)
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Blackjack simulation in Excel

    I don't think the guest is still there waiting for an answer.