how to change a decimal number (minutes) into hours and minutes?

  1. #1
    Erwin
    Guest

    how to change a decimal number (minutes) into hours and minutes?

    Greetings,

    I'm trying to convert a number (which represents minutes, e.g. 156) into an
    hour and minutes format. The result would be 2:36.
    Anybody knows how to do this?

    Thanks a lot,
    Erwin

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: how to change a decimal number (minutes) into hours and minutes?

    Try this:
    If your minutes value is in A1
    =A1/(24*60)

    Note: (24hours in a day*60minutes per hour)

    Does that help?

    Ron

  3. #3
    Erwin
    Guest

    RE: how to change a decimal number (minutes) into hours and minute

    Dear Ron,

    Thanks a lot, this is what I want.
    I was looking for formulas and complicated calculations ..... this solution
    is so easy ..... shame on me!!!

    Kind regards,
    Erwin