Adding Times

  1. #1
    mcp6453
    Guest

    Adding Times

    How do I add times in a column, such as a list of song times for a CD? I
    can get a Sum formula to work for about 20 rows, but then the numbers
    get small. How should the cells be formatted? The Help file is not very
    helpful. The times are in the 12:30 (12 minutes, 30 seconds) format.

  2. #2
    Bill
    Guest

    Re: Adding Times

    Format the cell with the custom format [h]:mm:ss

    This will display the total in hours, minutes and seconds, even if number of
    hours goes over one day. The default format is not displaying the number of
    days, so the number gets small when the total goes over 24 hours.

    news:uFGWx%[email protected]...