Allowing hyperlinks an a protected sheet

  1. #1
    Chris Ince
    Guest

    Allowing hyperlinks an a protected sheet

    Hi,

    I am using Excel2003 to create a workbook for use by a group of people who
    need some access but not to alter criteria. code, formulas etc.

    Using simple VBA code I have set things up to enable outlining and then
    protect the two worksheets, the only problem is that this then sets the
    protect to Excel defaults and so I cannot enable the insertion of hyperlinks
    by end-users.

    I have had a play, but profess to being a little bit of a macro newbie.

    Any help very gratefully received.

  2. #2

    Re: Allowing hyperlinks an a protected sheet

    Try protecting the worksheet manually (in fact, record a macro when you do it to
    get the code).

    You'll see that xl2002+ (including xl2003) has an option to allow users to
    insert hyperlinks in that Tools|protection|protect sheet dialog.

  3. #3
    Chris Ince
    Guest

    Re: Allowing hyperlinks an a protected sheet

    Thanks very much, worked fine. Also found I could alter the properties by
    using the "Allow Users to Edit Range" options.

    Thanks again,
    Chris