excel spread sheet wont caculate new data entered in ranges.

  1. #1
    Art-needs-help
    Guest

    excel spread sheet wont caculate new data entered in ranges.

    my excel spread sheets no longer adds new data entered in ranges. I use
    Excel to track construction expenses. Recently the workbook spreadsheets
    stoped adding new data entered into the ranges.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: excel spread sheet wont caculate new data entered in ranges.

    Tools>Options>Calculation is set to "Manual"?

    The SUM range is too narrow and does not include the new data rows/columns?

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Art-needs-help
    Guest

    Re: excel spread sheet wont caculate new data entered in ranges.

    Gord thanks very much. I don't know how the manual option got clicked but
    that was the problem. I fiddled around checking formulas and reentering data
    for a couple hours before I gave up and posted the question. So your very
    correct and very quick responce is greately appreciated. Many Thanks.

  4. #4
    Art-needs-help
    Guest

    RE: excel spread sheet wont caculate new data entered in ranges.

    Thanks again Gord! Just in case my first thank you didn't find it's way to you.