Filtering Out One Category

  1. #1
    scottech
    Guest

    Filtering Out One Category

    I have multiple rows of data in ten columns [A through J].

    One of the columns holds the status for that row... things such as Pending,
    Failed, On Hold, Complete, etc.

    Now, I am able to do a filter on the rows by highlighting the column headers
    [or just clicking in A1], and then going to Data >> Filter >> Auto Filter.

    This will allow me to have one of the statuses be displayed wherever it is.

    My question: Is it possible, either through the filter or through a formula
    somehow, to have the filter list all of the items EXCEPT the rows that have
    "Completed" in the status?

    If anyone knows how to do this and can help me out, I'd be grateful.

    Scott

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Filtering Out One Category

    In the autofilter-dropdown, select Customer and change the first entry to
    read 'Does not equal.'

  3. #3
    scottech
    Guest

    RE: Filtering Out One Category

    Ahh -- though I think you meant 'custom', I figured it out from what you
    wrote.
    Thanks!

    Scott