can't open new worksheets in a separate window

  1. #1
    3R's
    Guest

    can't open new worksheets in a separate window

    I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in
    a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top
    of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but
    to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to
    cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be
    greatly appreciated.

    Running Excel 2003, Windows XP.

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: can't open new worksheets in a separate window

    This might be it:

    Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar.

    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: can't open new worksheets in a separate window

    If you want a single instance of excel with multiple occurrences in the windows
    taskbar.

    Tools|Options|View tab|check windows in taskbar.